Sunday, June 28, 2009

Back to the challenge!

Our family just returned from our family vacation. Graceland for the oldest daughter, the Corvette museum and factory for DH, and the Smokies for my soul! :) I saw 5 bears! Woo hoo!

The trip gave me time to go through each of the challenges and ponder, annotate, and come up with some ideas. I do not have the money to do what I like to ultimately do for a craft room, but I did find some solutions. I've also decided to box it all up! Start from scratch.

The first pic shows the mess I created by tearing into stuff; the second is some progress I'm making boxing up stuff.

Jo



2 comments:

Vicki said...

Ok- Looking at your pictures again. Your bookcases (now that I can see them hahaha) already match! You have a few white ones and a few wood ones. Maybe you really don't have to repaint afterall?? Maybe it justs needs an overhaul?? So more like objects are together?
I mean you have photo boxes that if you were going to stay in the same color family it would be brown and blue right??? Maybe putting more of the brown ones together would make a larger impact style wise??
And since you have soo many great shelves maybe grouping things in themes would help you organizationally??
I think once you have things off the shelves it will be easier to make it functional and pretty!!
I have been finding the hardest part is to not put things right back where I pulled them off because its easy--
ohh and spray paint has become my friend!!! You have alot of baskets and bins that you could easily spray paint in the same color!!
Easy for me to say huh??? Keep on plugging away!

Elayne said...

Get a visitor map for your blog here:
http://www4.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://enterwiththanksgiving.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the comment about my national parks album. We are planning a family reunion at smokey mountain next fall! Be sure and show me your pictures.